Welcome to MarElla Honey Bees
Marcin and Ella (Elzbieta) - We are your local beekeepers.
Marcin has almost 43 years of experience as a beekeeper - both of his grandfathers were beekeepers, his parents were beekeepers and now he is a beekeeper.
Marcin has graduated from Bee-keeper's collage in Kluczbork (Poland).
Ella's adventure with beekeeping has started just 6 years ago - when she was stung by one of Marcin's bee.
We maintain numerous honeybees colonies in Bay Area,
mostly in Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Alamo, Lafayette, Oakley and Richmond (Contra Costa County, CA), Berkeley and Oakland
(Alameda County, CA).
We have almost anything you can think of related to bees:
- local honey,
- beeswax products,
- swarms/colonies removal,
- tips for raising healthy bees...
- and much more.
MarElla Honey Bees have honey for sale.
We are using all natural beeswax to help our bees in making honeycombs.
We are not using chemicals in our bee hives.
Our honey is pure, raw, unheated and unfilterred.
It is only processed by the honeybees.
The honeybees convert nectar into honey and store it in the honeycombs. They can produce much more honey than needed to survive.
The extra honey is removed from the hive by us.
It is extracted from the honeycomb and drains through a fine sieve to remove bits of wax.
The honey is never warmed above internal hive temperatures which conserves beneficial minerals and enzymes in the honey.
The color and flavor of honey differ depending on the nectar source.
Honey can be found as:
- Honey comb - in its original form. The beeswax comb is edible!
- Cut Comb Honey - liquid honey that has added
chunks of the honey comb in the jar.
- Pure Liquid Honey - free of visible crystals - extracted from the honey comb by centrifugal force, gravity or
- Naturally Crystallized Honey - part of the content has spontaneously
crystallized. It is safe to eat. If you want to have Liquid Honey again just place the honey jar in warm water and stir until the crystals dissolve.
Honey has been used for both pleasure and healing for ages.
It is a natural and contains both anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
A byproduct of honey production is beeswax which we use to make candles.
Most of our candles have a unique design. We make our own molds.
Why to choose beeswax?
- Beeswax does not contain toxic
petrochemicals, so they burn without smoke or soot.
- Beeswax burn significantly longer than paraffin candles (30-40% longer).
- Beeswax have a natural aroma and honey scent, no additives are needed.
- Beeswax can be burned around those with or who are sensitive to strong chemical scents.
- The light emitted by a beeswax candle is much stronger and brighter than that of a paraffin candle.
- The remains of beeswax candle you can reuse and:
- Use when driving nails, pegs or screws into hard wood;
- Rub on wooden drawers to aid sliding;
- Wax surfboards, skis, toboggans, runners;
- Rustproof tools;
- Keeps needles and pins sharp;
- Rub on thread before passing through the needle`s eye.
We just open first in Contra Costa County beekeeping supply store.
Stop by if you need hive boxes, frames, foundation or beekeeping tools.
We hope you can find everything you need.
MarElla Honey Bees is focused on providing high-quality service - we and our bees will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come.
Thanks for visiting!